IT’S TIME: The Growing Power of the Multicultural Majority!
2023 HMC RESEARCH PRESENTATION
For the first time, Americans 25 and under are a multicultural majority, with the 35-and-under segment estimated to reach that milestone by the end of 2023. In addition, the Gen Z multicultural majority generation has reached adulthood, joining Millennials to form a multicultural super-segment. These two transformative generations are wielding enormous power and influence on today’s American mainstream–and you’ll find out just how much!
HMC’s latest research, IT’S TIME: The Growing Power of the Multicultural Majority, provides a comprehensive study on multicultural majority consumers and the shifts happening with society. It covers key values; the relationship between identity and race, ethnicity and culture; socio-political movements; purchase behavior; content consumption; workplace attitudes; the Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) effect; and much more.
You can watch our videos where HMC Research Chair Nancy Tellet walks you through five compelling insights from this study–you’ll learn what 13-to-49-year-olds think about race, culture and identity, how white people are influenced by the multicultural mainstream, how Gen Z and Millennials crave and consume in-culture content, and much more!”
Insight #3: Culture is the harbinger for supercharged marketing campaigns.
Insight #4: Media consumption reflects a hunger for culture & authenticity.
Insight #5: Work is a happier place thanks to flexibility & increased DEI efforts, but there is still room for improvement.
Methodology & Funders:
- Thanks to a partnership with the Asian American Advertising Federation (3AF), the HMC study included qualitative and quantitative data on the AAPI segment.
- The study received financial or operational support from Kantar, TelevisaUnivision, ThinkNow and 3AF.
- Quantitative research came from 4,600 13-24s (Gen Z) and 25-49 (Millennials/Xers) with sample representation of Hispanics (HISP), non-Hispanic Blacks (NHB), non-Hispanic Asian American Pacific Islanders (NH AAPI) & non-Hispanic Whites (NHW) from February to April 2023.
- Qualitative interviews with 48 respondents (24 Gen Z and 24 Millennials/Xers), in-home pairs (HISP/NHB/NHW/AAPI) with video (edited for inclusion in webinars).
THE ROLE OF IDENTITY, RACE & CULTURE IN THE LIVES OF THE MULTICULTURAL MAJORITY
Watch this webinar for a deep dive into identity, race and culture across primarily 13-49 Gen Z and Millennial segments from HMC’s latest study, IT’S TIME: The Growing Power of the Multicultural Majority. In this webinar, we covered:
• Multiculturalism’s impact on how white Americans see themselves
• How the term “people of color” is more than just an identity
• How Latinos, Blacks, Asians, and whites view America
• Political power wielded by Gen Z adults
• Gen Z’s trust, mental health, cultural comfort & discomfort zones
Don’t miss the chance to gather valuable insights and impact your marketing strategies.